TREATMENT FOR AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS
Autism Intervention Therapy:
This is a tailor-made therapy based on the child’s needs. This therapy focuses on the wholistic development of the child and aims at making the child ready for schooling. This therapy focuses on the child’s pre-requisite skills like eye contact, eye gaze, sitting tolerance, sustained attention and joint attention. It also focuses on concept building, writing, cognitive skills and social skill training.
This therapy focuses posture correction, sensory integration, making him independent in daily activities, fine motor, gross motor, attention, body awareness.
This therapy focuses on the development of communication in the child. Once the child can communicate verbally, they focus on the pragmatic and articulation issues that the child might have.
ADHD- I FOCUS
- It can help diminish uncertain expectations and increase organization
- Working with parents and schools to ensure environments conducive to focus and attention is necessary
- Behavioral Parent Training (BPT)
- Behavioral Classroom Management (BCM)
- To address the sensory processing difficulties
- To help the child attend and learn by adapting the environment and activities
- There are several programs and activities that occupational therapists may use to provide the child with tools and coping techniques for use within school, home and other social environments
- To cope with the prescribed school curriculum
- To help students develop study skills
- To train students in organizational skills
- To give one-on-one intensive instruction in language skills and mathematics and to improve their overall academic performance
- Stimulant medications have been shown repeatedly to be the most effective treatment for the symptoms of severe ADHD, helping kids pay attention, concentrate, manage their impulses, and avoid risky behaviors.
Consultation and Medications
- 6 months of remedial education after psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Counseling the child if he or she has other emotional issues with Learning disorder low self-esteem, anger issues etc.
- If the child has other sign of hyperactivity, inattention or sensory processing issues he or she may undergo occupational therapy
Behavioral Disorder- I
Depending on the psychological testing and diagnosis counselling session are provided to the individual. The number of sessions is depended on how effective the therapeutic interventions is. The individual is being helped to overcome the emotional issues there he is going through
If the described issues are severe or counselling is not very effective, the individual is being given medications.